Lief is the co-founder and principal consultant of Intuitive Stack. He began his career in the content industry as a technical writer over two decades ago. He has held positions as an information architect and content strategist. His focus is to reduce or remove friction wherever it is in your tool stack or processes.
He holds a bachelor’s degree with a dual-focus in Technical Writing and German. Lief has a M.A. in Content Strategy from the University of Applied Sciences—FH Joanneum (Graz, Austria), where he teaches information architecture. He is a contributor to the DITA-OT open source project and presents at conferences on topics ranging from ContentOps to taxonomies and search.
The Intersection of Content Strategy & Information Architecture: Storytelling from both perspectives
Co-presented with: Amber Swope
Are you living a secret life as an Information Architect or Content Strategist? At most organizations, these roles often go unnamed and under the radar. In this session, Amber Swope and Lief Erickson will define what it means to be Information Architects and Content Strategists as well as discuss how they work together to superpower content management.
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
- The difference between a Delivery Information Architect, Management Information Architect, and Content Strategist
- How these three roles work together
- What each of these roles need out of metadata, taxonomy, and content modeling
- Clarity around defining their role in their organization
- Strategies for working well with other roles