The conference venue is the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, at the gateway to San Diego’s historic Gaslamp Quarter.
Conference rate: $299/night (see notes below).
Book your room using the conference reservation page.
- There is also a daily resort fee, for which you get many amenities. Check back for the full list.
- Traditionally, we offered pre-conference workshops on Sunday, and the conference itself ran Monday–Wednesday. This year (because of hotel availability) pre-conference workshops will be on Saturday 14 October, and the main conference runs Sunday–Tuesday.
- The conference ends at Noon on Tuesday, 17 October. The hotel has availability that night, but is currently sold out Wednesday, 18 October. If you plan to stay in San Diego a few extra days and see the sights, plan to arrive a few days before the conference.
- Another group may release some of the rooms they have blocked on Wednesday, 18 October. If they do, the hotel will add them to our block.
- The hotel reservation system cannot show the best available rate for days where the room block is sold out (if you are arriving early). If you get an error saying no rooms available for the days you entered, call the hotel at +1 619 232 1234 to book your reservation using a mix of conference discount and best available rates.
SCAM ALERT: LavaCon has not authorized any third party to help with hotel reservations. If you are contacted by anyone offering to assist you in booking your room or flight, be aware that is a scam. Please report any such attempts immediately.