Kendal Sparks is the lead content designer for Click to Pay, Mastercard’s new advanced checkout technology. Before that, he led the experience writing practice for Ogilvy’s Experience Design group. Kendal comes to UX by way of a career in arts education, and advocates for disrupting how we recruit talent. He also co-led Ogilvy XD’s Diversity and Inclusion initiative.
Content Can Save the World: Enlisting your Skills in the Fight Against Climate Change
With the realities of climate change showing up in more destructive ways, the conversation is shifting: Businesses are divesting from fossil fuels. Governments are investing in renewables. Families are concerned about the viability of their children’s futures.
In a time of upheaval, the ability to craft a strong narrative becomes the power to write the future. What if, as content people, we volunteered a few hours a week to help a grassroots organization with their website? Made it a little easier for them to solicit donations, engage volunteers, and communicate their impact? What if campaigns to influence public behavior bore the fingerprints of customer experience and design thinking?
And what if you didn’t have to quit your job to save the world? What if you could use the influence and reach of your company to amplify your impact?
During this interactive workshop…
- How to design digital communication and change management strategies to affect behavioral changes in society
- The connection between systemic racism and environmental injustice
- How to connect to, or organize communities of impact at our current or future jobs
- By connecting with local grassroots organizations and signing up for volunteer opportunities
- By joining a digital community of climate-minded designers to share information and ideas
Panel Discussion: The Necessity of Diversity and Inclusion in Content Development Teams
Co-hosted with David Dylan Thomas, Jordan Craig, and Jill Sheffield
Join us for a lively (and timely!) panel discussion about the value of diversity and inclusion in content and UX development teams.