Keith Boyd is a Senior Director in Microsoft Digital Employee Experience, Microsoft’s IT organization. He’s been with Microsoft for 22 years in various engineering, content, and IT roles. He has cultivated a following inside the company as one of Microsoft’s leading storytellers, where he conducts workshops and coaches/mentors less experienced employees. He has shared his expertise at LavaCon several times over the years on different topics. His work has been featured in leading publications including Intercom, MSDN, and TC World magazines. In addition to other responsibilities, he currently serves as Editor in Chief of Inside Track, the online journal of Microsoft’s own digital transformation.
Stories with Soul: Staying Alive in the era of ChatGPT
Co-presented with: Mario Juarez
The world is changing fast. Generative AI is already changing the world of content, and the impact will continue to change our industry and roles at a frightening pace. But you don’t have to be frightened, because you have a superpower that ChatGPT and other generative AIs don’t have – a soul. In this talk, we’ll explore the changing landscape of content development and storytelling and provide a practical and actionable framework to stay one step ahead of the machines. Learn to harness your human empathy and connections to build stories that the machines can’t rival – learn to tell stories with soul!
In this session, attendees will learn:
- How to tell stories with real impact
- The limitations and strengths of ChatGPT and other generative AI systems as storytelling tools.
- How to create stories that are differentiated from articles generated by ChatGPT and other generative AI models.
- How to use empathy, humor, and connection to create memorable, human-centric stories that machines can’t match.
- How to translate your skills as a content professional to become a more capable and confident presenter.
- Tips for maintaining your edge as a professional communicator and storyteller as the world of content changes around us.