Zara is a Product Content Strategy Manager, leading Teladoc Health’s internationalization efforts to bring their chronic care management products to people in more languages and countries around the world. Zara came to Teladoc Health from Facebook, where she led content design for internationalization. In that role, she wrote for language selector and CAT features, developed localization processes, and evangelized content and design best practices across Facebook product teams. Before Facebook, Zara was a UX writer for patient and provider experiences at Athena health. No matter the product, Zara enjoys using language to simplify the complicated and create better experiences.
How to Get Your Product Translation- and Localization-Ready
The good news: Your digital product is in demand across the globe! The bad news: Your product was created with only one language and one country in mind. What do you need to do between now and your international launch to get your UX content translation- and localization-ready? In this workshop, we’ll walk through the steps from project kick-off to international success. Bring mocks, screenshots, or content from a workflow in your own product, or work from a ready-made example.
In this session you will learn how to:
- Navigate common jargon associated with internationalization, localization, and translation
- Advocate for translation and localization investment
- The dos and don’ts of writing translatable UX content
- How and why to provide context to translators
- Identify product terminology and make a translator glossary
- Help designers ready the UI for translations
- Identify content that requires localization
- Evaluate the end result