As a Content Design leader at Microsoft, Sheila O’Hara has experienced the transformation of the content design discipline from a side-of-desk job for Help writers in the early 2000s to a full-blown design discipline that is named and recognized as a critical investment for best-in-class customer experiences. Over the past decade, Sheila has built several high-performing content design teams that lead with content design to drive customer success, satisfaction, and loyalty. Her work as a content designer has spanned consumer and commercial products, including productivity software, small business tools, security and compliance, and financial apps. The common threads winding through her approach to content design are the importance of story to understand and empathize and language to support comprehension, build confidence, and inspire trust.
Tips and Tools for Running Remote Brainstorming Workshops
How do you inspire your team and create space for them to innovate and push boundaries when you’re all working remotely? Come learn about some tips and tools for designing the space, choreography, and creative outcomes you want through online brainstorming workshops.
Sheila leads a team of 25 content designers, and they often pull together groups of stakeholders and other content designers to come up with ideas and solutions to test. Over the past two years, along with everyone else who needs to work with other people, they’ve been exploring ways to create together online. Sheila will share what’s worked for them, and invites you to share your own best practices and ideas in the Q&A.
In this session, attendees will learn:
- Three things every workshop needs to be successful, whether it’s online or in person
- How to design the online workshop to be inclusive, lower the barriers to participation, and achieve your outcomes
- How to facilitate the workshop in a way that establishes and maintains psychological safety for everyone
- How to be the kind of workshop leader that makes other people successful
- Resources for creating the online workshop