Mary Morreale is a Senior Manager, User Experience Design at Charles Schwab, which she joined after Schwab acquired TD Ameritrade in 2020. Mary has been a writer and champion of content strategy at TD Ameritrade for 10 years, where she and her staff support the firm’s flagship website, digital new account application, and new responsive website.
In addition to supporting two major platform redesigns, Mary is now managing digital content strategy for the transition of TD Ameritrade clients to Charles Schwab. Before joining TD Ameritrade, she was a freelance writer for the financial industry.
How to Communicate Change and Keep Your Customers
Whether it’s a small UX design update or a full site overhaul, most users hate change, especially when it’s not directly something they’ve asked for. Your job is to prepare users for what’s to come, address their concerns, and be sure they know the WIIFM. This session presents five ways to retain customer loyalty and engagement throughout change. Learn how to balance transparency with communication overload, ideas for personalizing content to provide each user with the right info, and tips for conducting effective moderated and unmoderated user testing.
In this session, attendees will learn:
Five ways to communicate change without driving customers away.
- Tell the truth. Nothing beats transparency and honesty about the positives and the negatives.
- Simplify. Make the change as easy as possible to understand and prepare for.
- Personalize it. Don’t tell customers what doesn’t apply to them, if you can avoid it.
- Get input. Use digital feedback to ask customers what worries them about the upcoming change.
- Test, test, test. Design and copy. Moderated and unmoderated.