Mark Bologna is the producer and host of “Beyond Bourbon Street,” a long-running, highly successful podcast about New Orleans and its many hidden gems. Mark is also the author of the newly published book “Beyond Bourbon St.: An Insider’s Guide to New Orleans.”.
Should You Start a Podcast? Short Answer: Yes!
Co-presenting with: Michele Bousquet
Podcasts are a great way to promote your brand and get out your message, and there are millions of listeners out there hungry for new content. But how do you get started, and how do you get people to listen? Join Mark Bologna, host of the long-running “Beyond Bourbon Street” podcast, and Michele Bousquet, host of “How Hacks Happen,” as they discuss the journey from raw idea to recording, publishing, and gaining new listeners. Along the way, they’ll talk about practical considerations like recording gear, frequency of episodes, and publishing platforms, and also the subjective topics of storytelling, format, and balance of content and promotion.
In this session, attendees will learn:
- What is a podcast, what are styles and genres
- How a podcast can promote your brand
- How to leverage your existing content into a podcast
- Logistics of producing a podcast: equipment, platform, topics, cost
- How to grow your listener base
- How to balance content with promotion