Kat Reierson is an experienced technical and marketing writer who manages a geographically distributed team of technical writers at DocuSign. Kat is a spreadsheet queen who is probably better organized than you, an empathetic leader who understands and values good work processes, and an animal lover who fiercely defends her furried friends.
Managing Writers: The Impact of Hybrid
Co-presented with: Barry Saiff
The world has changed for technical writers and their managers. The principles of effective management, however, are more shuffled than changed. Emotional well-being is more important than ever, and a lack of trust can be more damaging. Through a series of interactive discussions and fun exercises, managers and those interested in management will learn from each other about what works in this new world. Bring your most difficult challenges and your most helpful learnings to share.
In this workshop, attendees will learn:
- What are the key principles that guide effective technical writing management?
- What are the most important things for a manager to learn?
- How do remote, scattered, and hybrid work arrangements, and the ongoing challenges of a pandemic, change the key success factors for managers?
- In the face of new challenges, what are my greatest strengths as a manager?
- What don’t I know that I wasn’t looking to learn that might help me be a better manager?
- How can I help my peers to be better managers?