Jim Edmunds is the founder and CEO of Ingeniux Corporation, a leading provider of digital content management software. Ingeniux software is used by organizations around the world to create and manage websites, communities and enterprise knowledge. The company was founded in 1999 to create innovative tools for managing and delivering content for the emerging digital marketplace.
Jim possesses a unique background in technology, publishing and entertainment. He has worked as an independent filmmaker, digital media producer, video game producer and senior technology manager. Prior to starting Ingeniux he held leadership positions at Electronic Arts and Microsoft MSNBC.
When not talking about content management, you may find Jim crafting a new wine varietal. Ask him about his new CMS (Cab, Merlot, Syrah) Meritage.
How To Stop Building Silos and Start Building Content Hubs
Combine content strategy and agile technology to revolutionize the way you aggregate, curate, and deploy content.
Unified Experience Portals integrate technical documentation, learning materials, and knowledge assets into a seamless user experience, tailoring content delivery for marketing, sales, and support. They transform what is today a highly fragmented information management process into a unified content strategy that delivers a competitive advantage.
Technical content and knowledge assets can and should play a critical role in the customer experience lifecycle – from conversion to acquisition to retention. Yet too often this valuable content is hidden in enterprise silos and disconnected from the customer experience strategy.
In this session, attendees will learn:
- What a Unified Experience Portal is, and what makes it work
- Core business drivers, ROI, and competitive advantages
- How a Unified Experience Portal breaks down content silos using content strategy to aggregate, curate, and deploy content
- Real-world examples of Unified Experience Portals in action, and why a diverse range of organizations are adopting them
- Best practices for attaining buy-in from key stakeholders, and how to set yourself up for success