Gordon worked as a producer and editor for years before heading up The Globe and Mail’s Innovation Lab. Now as Managing Director, Globe Labs, and VP, Sophi.io, he speaks about innovation around the world. Sophi is an AI and ML-powered platform developed at The Globe and Mail that uses Natural Language Processing and cutting edge data science to enable predictive models and drive optimization that transform content businesses. Gordon is responsible for operations, sales and marketing for this award-winning start-up.
Automating Content Distribution to Drive Conversions
The Globe and Mail has been able to transform a 175-year old business using an artificial intelligence platform called Sophi.io that works alongside its writers to unlock the value of its content. Rather than asking editors to decide where to place content on the site, The Globe uses Sophi to autonomously curate the stories on every page to automatically decide which stories will be the most valuable – not the most popular, but the ones that drive its business goals. Using a combination of predictive modelling, deep learning and optimization technologies, The Globe is using AI at scale without losing its brand. Learn how these same Sophi technologies are putting real world AI tools in the hands of content-focused brands that are building for the future.
In this session attendees will learn:
- How to make the most of your content to move the metrics that matter to you
- How newspaper-quality automated content curation is attainable now
- Why you need to start thinking about what you can automate today
- How effective an automation platform can be to help you make decisions
- How to drive conversions and other business goals using AI-powered solutions like Sophi.io
Panel Discussion: The Emerging Role of AI and ML in Content Engineering