Claudette Hobbart is the Director of Content Science & Support at Juniper Networks. She focuses relentlessly on two things: helping technical content developers do their best work and helping customers find that work as easily as possible.
She lives in Bellevue, WA with her husband, teenage daughter, and adorable dog, Biscuit.
Juniper and the Magic Beanstalk: A Content Strategist’s Search for the Golden Goose
Co-presented with Fawn Damitio
Most of us know the story of Jack and the Beanstalk. Jack’s mother tells him to go to the market to sell a cow, but instead, he brings home magic beans. His mother, angry at Jack for his careless purchase, throws the beans out the window. Only later does Jack find the giant beanstalk that leads him to the Golden Goose.
Our journey through demonstrating the value of content mirrored Jack’s. We were sometimes tossed out the window. Other times, we were told our content had little value. We declared, no! our content is key for sales, customer loyalty and repeat buys, but our pleadings fell on deaf ears. We thought in despair… will we ever be able to show our value?
That was when our journey began. We climbed a long, winding trail through research, data, and customer feedback. We crossed paths with product owners, marketing, engineers, sales, and support. We reached great lows and great heights. Finally, we found a way to demonstrate our value: Our Golden Goose.
In this session you will learn:
- How technical content drives demand, sales, adoption, and customer loyalty.
- The 3rd-party data you need to demonstrate value to senior leadership.
- How to track metrics and turn these into valuable insights.
- How to drive demand through technical content.
- How, ultimately, mirroring the customer journey is the best way to demonstrate value and impact a company’s bottom line.