Sharon Figueira is the pre-sales consultant for North America at IXIASOFT.
She has over 20 years of experience as a technical communications professional, with two major DITA migrations under her belt – for Ericsson and Kodak.
Sharon was a member of the Ericsson DITA/CCMS global transformation team, where she worked on mapping legacy content to DITA, testing, and piloting the new environment.
Sharon then played a key role in migrating 14,000 objects to the new IXIASOFT environment, with a strong focus on reuse.
Past, Present, and Future: How to Manage Content Across Multiple Releases Without Compromising Reuse
Your content may begin life as two or three releases – an older release in maintenance, the candidate release, and perhaps the beginnings of a future release. Things may tick along for a while, but soon the releases multiply, while your team does not. Older releases continue to be maintained to support key customers, the candidate release has grown in scope, and you are supporting not one but two or more future releases in development. Throw in a white-labelled version, and translation demand, and your spreadsheets, the team, and the process are starting to creak. Then one day someone starts talking about continuous delivery. How can you support all of these deliveries without hiring a team of engineers?
In this session you will learn:
- How to manage multiple versions and branches of content without special expertise
- How to generate release-specific content, confident that it contains the correct versions for the target release
- How to push changes from one release to another
- How to support authors to focus on the content and the release target, rather than the versioning platform
- How IXIASOFT supports common branching scenarios OOTB, such as continuous delivery