As a bookworm and self-proclaimed word nerd, Alexa K. Apallas embraces the power and the magic of the written word. She started her career in magazine journalism, switched to content marketing, and is not a director of content design at PayPal. She’s a strategic thinker and content champion who helps persuade product managers to involve content early in the product development lifecycle.
Likes: Public speaking, Oxford commas, engaging novels, international travel, content challenges, witticisms, wine. Dislikes: Apostrophe abuse, visual clutter, boredom.
Managing Up, Down, and Sideways:
How to Lead Effectively During Times of Chaos
Whether it’s a global pandemic, a financial crisis, industry-wide layoffs, or simply a product launch with a deadline that’s far too soon, chaos can crop up at the most inconvenient times. In this session, you’ll learn the three-pronged approach to managing chaos that can reassure your team, your manager, and your key stakeholders. You’ll also discover the process that you can put in place to prevent chaos from overwhelming order, along with helpful tips for caring for yourself and your team while continuing to deliver results. This is a session for people managers who are interested in improving their leadership and communication skills.
In this session attendees will learn:
- How to manage expectations, stay true to your vision, and maintain the wellbeing of yourself and your team when faced with challenging and chaotic situations.
- The session will cover:
• What to do first when confronting any chaotic situation
• How to shut out the noise and stay focused
• When to take a critical pause
• How to use a crucial skill to reassure your team