The 2020 LavaCon Conference on Content Strategy and
LavaCon started in Hawaii (hence our name) to give senior content professionals an opportunity to stay ahead of rapidly changing publishing technology and customer demographics.
However, LavaCon is more than just a conference. It’s a place where content superheroes gather to share best practices, enhance their skills, and find their tribe.
Never been to LavaCon? Check out the LavaCon New Orleans attendee experience!
We are looking for companies that have successfully adopted a unified content strategy, connected multiple content silos, brought disparate groups together to operate as a team, and so on. Tell us worked, and what didn’t!
We are soliciting proposals for breakout sessions (60 minutes), workshops (half day or full day), and case studies (30 minutes).
Please watch this short video by Jack Molisani for more information the types of sessions we want in our 2020 program.
We had highest-ever attendance in Portland: 567 in-person content professionals and an additional 120+ remote attendees in our live virtual track. Previous attendees include:
Vice President of Publishing Operations, American Medical Association
Chairman, IT Steering Committee, Allied Pilots Association
Director of Digital Publishing, Apple
Director of Technical Communication, Nokia
Director of Marketing, Cisco Systems
Director of Global Content Marketing, Dunn and Bradstreet
Global Strategist for Immersive Media, Intel
Our audience also includes: Content Strategists, UX Writers, UX Strategists, Technical Communication Managers, Technical Writers, Content Marketers, C-level, and Other.
Our 2020 Focus
Our 2020 program will focus on:
- Connecting content silos across the enterprise
- Creating exceptional marketing, technical, UX, and training content
- Seizing opportunities to advance your content career
On a Fun Note
Carpe Potestatum! is Latin for Seize the Opportunity!
To me, Carpe Potestatum! sounds like a spell one would say in a Harry Potter movie, so we’re going to sort attendees into “houses” using a sorting hat, my staff will be dressed in robes, etc.
Feel free to tie in the Harry Potter theme into your presentation topics.
- Content Strategy and UX
- Creating exceptional content experiences (marketing, technical, UX, learning)
- Learning Management
- People and Project Management
- Tools and Technology
- Case Studies
- Content Operations is a term summarizing the processes, people, and technologies for planning, delivering, and analyzing content.
- Proposal deadline: 28 February 2020, 5 pm EST (UTC -5:00 hours)
- One speaker in each breakout session is comp’ed into the conference in exchange for speaking. Your organization should pick up your travel costs. A second speaker may attend at 50% off conference tuition.
- We welcome new speakers. We will provide you a speaking coach and art department resources for building your slide deck.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1+ 562-726-1800