DITA is a great choice for writing technical documentation. Ideally, all contributors to a project should use it to provide content. But sometimes, subject matter experts (like developers, engineers) will prefer to give content in another format. We will explore what possibilities arise when this other format is Markdown, a good match for structured authoring cases in which a minimal markup is enough.
Attendees will learn:
- what is structured authoring and what benefits it brings
- what is the difference between content and markup
- what are DITA’s strengths
- what are Markdown’s strengths
We will explore what solutions we have when working in a project in which we have SMEs sending us Markdown. For example:
- getting directly DITA from SMEs. Can it be done?
- getting Markdown from SMEs and integrating it into the DITA pipelines
We will talk about the benefits of each solution but also about what challenges arise when choosing one solution over another.