Products are sold into markets that cross both country and language boundaries, so product documentation must be localized. Localizing documentation is made easier with DITA, a capable Component Content Management System (CCMS), and a Translation Management System (TMS). Even with these systems in place, you must always consider best practices and pitfalls.
Jim starts this session with an overview of the localization process, and how content flows across systems and organizations. In this context, we will discuss the techniques, along with the benefits and pitfalls, in automating and streamlining the localization process.
In this session, you will learn about:
- The localization process – What are the various roles, and how does content flow?
- Use cases and constraints – What is incremental localization, and what is the relationship of localization to the product release lifecycle?
- Release management and localization – What role can branching play in localization?
- Localization tools – How do CCMS, TMS, and LSP relate in the localization process?
- Recent developments in automation – How can the localization process be accelerated through automation, and what are the benefits and pitfalls of automation?