Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) take an active role in authoring and reviewing content within organizations. New responsibilities are emerging for content collaboration with experts and professional authoring teams. These extend SME roles of reviewing and updating content – pushing the horizons for new capabilities with structured authoring, review and component content management.
The benefits of incorporating SME as authors are enormous, with new points for consideration with planning, preparation and governance. What strategy, planning and support does your organization provide for SMEs? How can a technical authoring team benefit from working even closer with SMEs? From this presentation, you will learn about emerging best practices:
- Defining a strategy and business benefits
- Pointers for user experience design for SMEs
- Managing concurrent author and review cycles
- Extending CCMS capabilities and workflows
- Governance and best practices