Research by Harvard Business School professor Raffaella Sadun reveals that “competent management” is undervalued and that even basic, common-sense management practices are too often neglected. In this session, we’ll examine some management best practices in the specific context of content organizations. We’ll discuss strategy development, employee development, relationship management, and the importance of transparency, accountability, and alignment. We’ll also look at how management practices need to change–and stay the same–as groups scale and as managers move up the management chain.
In this session, attendees will learn:
- Why we need to focus more on management as a practice
- Four core areas for management practice
- How to incorporate servant leadership into your management practice
- How to continually adjust your management practice as your group scales and your responsibility grows
- How to avoid the strategy-execution gap