How many minutes (or even hours?) does it take your new users to connect with the value in your product—to really feel the payoff of using it? And what should your content team be doing to drive that number lower? I’ll share what I learned from leading a user onboarding initiative for TechSmith. You’ll come away with industry norms, customer preference data, and tips for developing a content program that quickly connects new users with the value in your product.
In this session, attendee’s will learn:
- Key principles of user onboarding
- How to identify users’ “job(s) to be done”
- Why tailored user onboarding is better than “one size fits all”
- How product usage analytics can drive onboarding content strategy
- What types of onboarding users prefer (and how to find out)
- The results of TechSmith’s onboarding experiments (and tips for running your own)