The world of content creation and delivery is changing fast. Last year we were discussing chatbots and voice interfaces. Before that it was self-serve knowledge bases. What will next year bring? Join us on an adventure of how to create and deliver small, bite sized pieces of content that can be easily consumed while delivering it to multiple platforms, like knowledge articles, blogs, chatbots, and the platforms that we don’t yet know about. You want future-proofed content, right?
In this session, attendees will learn how preparing now can make the transition to new platforms and tools (both known and unknown) less daunting and overwhelming. Topics will include:
- How to write smaller, more compact chunks of content.
- How to adopt a more conversational tone. How do you write content that Grandma can understand while keeping the distracted Millennial engaged.
- How to write content for repurposing in knowledge articles, chatbots, and anything else.
This session will also discuss the technical aspects and tools required to make the shift to more adaptable content:
- The training required to help writers adapt to changing demands.
- The tools and processes that will provide a real foundation for future-proof content.
This session will feature lessons learned from real knowledge base and chatbot projects.