If you work on any digital experience, a design system is behind it. Content should be a part of that system. Design systems (such as pattern libraries) have been gaining prominence lately as critical foundations for product and marketing design. For content designers, strategists, and technical writers, these systems present an opportunity to collaborate more closely with design and engineering partners and demonstrate the value of content. Let’s talk about bringing that value to your organization and its design systems.
In this session attendees will learn:
- The roles content plays in design systems (editorial style guide, voice and tone guidelines, information architecture, taxonomy, and others)
- Building and sharing design systems and standards for global content creators
- Documenting interaction, visual, and other design decisions with content o. Using content to inform and support the design systems’ users
- Identifying the design system and its drivers in your organization
- Taking first steps to integrate content strategy into your organization’s design system
- Making the case for content in design systems