In the rush to standardize content structure in the authoring process, we often forget to ask for whom are we developing content, what type of experiences do they want or expect, and how these answers should influence our workflows. Modern HTML5 technologies are surprisingly powerful and can provide and engaging user experiences with little or no changes to the authoring process. Join us for a discussion on how to start delighting your users by focusing on your content products.
This session draws on use cases from a range of organizations as they aimed to increase the reach and value of their content assets by providing highly engaging user experiences beyond the traditional help or documentation. In this session attendees will learn:
- What types of internal business questions you can ask to uncover opportunities to increase the value of your content
- How to structure conversations with your users to uncover opportunities to excite them
- How to conduct a technical market scan to discover best practice examples in other industries and how they could apply to your client base
- Managing the critical links between content creation and content consumption as specifications are created, in order to reduce risk and complexity
- Tying your project to executive goals that raises the internal value of your group, and increases your project budget