Designing content for a familiar interface—like a desktop computer or smartphone—presents a number of challenges. But soon you’ll be asked to design content for a conversational interface, or chatbot, which presents a whole new set of opportunities and constraints. Each type of chatbot (voice or text) has its own abilities and needs. How do you create helpful experiences for these interfaces? Together, we’ll learn to think beyond the screen, and take advantage of the exciting potential of the conversational UI.
In this session attendees will learn:
- How to design conversations that users find helpful and delightful.
- The specific content design constraints of text- and voice-based chatbots.
- The most important platforms to know about (like Facebook Messenger, Google Home, and Amazon Alexa) and differences between them.
- How to reach users via the medium (graphical, text, or audio) that works best for their context.
- How to take on the mantle of designer for an entirely content-based experience