LavaCon 2016 in Las Vegas will be at the Golden Nugget Hotel, 129 Fremont Street Experience, Las Vegas, NV, 89101
The conference room block is sold out, but rooms are still available using the main hotel reservation page or calling the hotel reservation desk at 800-331-5731 or +1-702-385-7111.
At LavaCon, meals are important networking events. We encourage attendees to linger and network, not dine and dash.
- Meal options are available for attendees who noted dietary restrictions when they registered (Kosher, gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, etc.).
- Please inform your servers if you indicated a dietary restrictions when you registered.
- Want to see a sample of the food, fun, and networking available at LavaCon? Watch the recap video from LavaCon 2015 in New Orleans:
8pm Social Event: Kickoff Karaoke at Las Vegas Saloon: Drinks and bar snacks sponsored by WebWorks.
- Mini Burgers with toppings
- Irish Tenders with Ranch and Spicy BBQ dipping sauces
- Mixed Field Greens Salad
- Tri-Color Chips and House Salsa
Continental breakfast with individual fruit and yogurt parfaits in Ball jars. Oatmeal and a samovar of boiling water on the side to “make your own oatmeal.”
- First course: Mini Chinese soup spoons with roasted corn and cheddar grits with duck confit and lingonberry compote.
- Second course: Seared sea scallop on shaved watermelon radish with candied ginger and caramelized pineapple relish and micro cilantro.
- Third course: Seared breast of heirloom chicken stuffed with spinach, sundried tomatoes and goat cheese. Pan-seared Asiago polenta cake with crisp prosciutto and purple asparagus and an herbed beurre blanc.
- Table centerpiece of baskets of fresh grilled warm Mediterranean flatbreads with artisan olive oil, aged balsamic and cracked pepper.
Champagne Toast before Fremont Street Walking Parade to Gold Coast for the networking dinner.
Networking dinner at Gold Coast sponsored by LavaCon Exclusive Diamond Sponsor Adobe Systems.
Tray Passed Appetizers:
- Bruschetta with Basil & Tomato (Vegan)
- Mini BLT (Brioche Bun, Bacon, Oven-Dried Tomato with Cilantro and Lime Aioli)
- Vegetarian Sliders on Flatbread with Garlic Hummus, Grilled Zucchini with Baby Spinach and Tomato Chutney (Vegetarian)
- Loaded Potato Skins (Baked not Fried) with Crispy Bacon, Scallion, and Crème Fraîche (GF)
Station: Cheese Platter with Chef’s Selection of Cheeses Served with Water Crackers and Grapes
Salad: Classic Caesar Salad with Garlic Crouton, Cherry Tomato and Shredded Parmesan
- Penne Pasta with Spicy Pomodoro, Fresh Mozzarella and Basil
- Chicken Parmesan
- Salmon Puttanesca (GF)
- Mixed Vegetables
- Garlic Bread
Beverage Service: Includes two (2) drinks per guest with choice of domestic or imported beer, premium brand liquors, house-selected wine, and soft beverages.
Continental breakfast with smoothie station:
- Power green with kale, green apple and banana
- Berry blast with fresh mixed berries and pomegranate
- Tropical bliss with mango, coconut and Greek yogurt
- First course: Lollypop of infused watermelon with seared pork belly and goats milk feta cheese and micro oregano
- Second course: Deconstructed panzanella salad with toasted ciabatta, heirloom tomato, gathered greens and poached gulf shrimp with champagne vinaigrette
- Third course: Barolo braised single bone beef short rib, olive oil and Cabrales bleu cheese smashed Puruvian blue potatoes, desert honey glazed baby carrots and black truffle glace de veau.
- Table centerpiece of rustic artisan breads with infused butters. Roasted garlic butter, aged balsamic butter, sundried tomato basil butter
Thursday Afternoon Break:
Trifle station: Individual mini trifles in mini Ball jars:
- Lemon curd and raspberry with meringue
- Key lime with sponge cake and whipped cream
- Strawberry with angel food cake and tuille.
- Smores with graham crust, chocolate ganache and brulee marshmallow
Continental breakfast with mini-crepe station (sweet and savory fillings):
- Local honey and ricotta with cinnamon apple or mixed berry topping
- Fresh fruit, whipped cream and toasted nuts
- Spinach and artichoke filling with béarnaise or beurre blanc
- Crisp bacon, diced tomato, chives and shredded Gruyere cheese
Walk-around lunch with assorted individual salads:
- Cold Asian noodle salad in mini Chinese to go boxes with chop sticks
- Cold Thai beef salad in mini Chinese to go boxes with chopsticks
- Cold chicken Caesar salad in stand up bamboo cone
- Turkey Cobb salad in stand up bamboo cone
- Cold Greek salad in stand up bamboo cone