Winning Knowledge Spaces = 1 wiki + “Every Page is Page One”
This case study will tell the story of a company’s move to wiki authoring and delivery, based on “Every Page is Page One” principles. Combining theory (guest appearance by Mark Baker) with practice, you will hear about the challenge, the steps to plan and implement the solution, and lessons learned. Most importantly – you will be able to view real live examples of the implementation, and understand how key principles of Every Page is Page One were applied.
- Hear why we chose a wiki-based solution
- Understand the importance of Every Page is Page One principles
- See how they were incorporated into the planning and execution of our knowledge system
- Watch actual examples from the implementation which address a few key principles
- Learn about workflow and pathfinder topics, and how they were implemented
- Get practical advice on overcoming common implementation problems
Nitza Hauser is Senior Director of Technical Communication Services at Medidata Solutions. She has been a Technical Communicator for over a decade, and a freelance translator and system programmer prior to that, and brings her extensive experience in the software industry together with a global perspective to technical communication.
Nitza is the immediate past president of the STC NY Metro chapter. She currently serves on the NJIT Board of Visitors, as an adviser for the Master of Science in Professional and Technical Communications (MSPTC) program.