Track: Strategy and UX
Content audits can be mind-numbingly boring and time consuming. They require an incredible amount of patience and curiosity. But, they are an absolute necessity for all businesses, as they manage their digital content assets.
Learn how to:
- Distinguish between different types of content audits
- Decide what type of content audit you need
- Perform a gap analysis
- Use the information you glean from content audits
- Get creative when you encounter a wall
We will use three case studies—a major university, a healthcare client and a major publishing company—to illustrate how to make sense of content audits. Focus will be on understanding content requirements, how to present data to the C-suite and how to use all the information you learn from a content audit without losing your mind.
- Component content and translation reuse
- Style Guides
- Terminology and glossary management
- Translation Memory
- Content and Translation review process
- And more…
- Helpful, concrete questions to ask of other team members in collaborative settings.
- A stronger understanding of what IA is, and suggestions of how a basic understanding of the field can benefit content strategists.
- Conversation and brainstorming starters that can be utilized to kick off design/content projects.