With the challenges of a globally dispersed team, a wide variety of products, a unique and varied publishing model, and continuous corporate acquisitions and divestitures, LSI Corporation has conquered the issue of global content collaboration within their organization. In this case study presentation, you will learn how to:
- Build and retain a productive global team
- Enable efficient content collaboration in a dispersed writing group
- Enforce governance over corporate content assets
- Improve content quality and consistency across the content base
- Better respond to their clients’ needs by providing on-demand and custom deliverables
- Leverage existing technologies while implementing new technologies to improve the content lifecycle
- Afford resources to implement this new content strategy while still producing and maintaining regular content deliveries
Suzanne Mescan is Vasont Systems’ Vice President of Marketing, with responsibility for the Company’s overall marketing and public relations efforts. For more than 25 years, she has worked in all aspects of the information management and publishing industry, including content management, editorial, art and design, project management, prepress production, printing and binding. Suzanne has authored numerous articles about content management for industry publications and has delivered presentations for the CM Strategies/DITA North America, AIIM, LavaCon and DocTrain conferences; Philadelphia XML Users Group Meeting; Vasont Users’ Group Meetings; and in numerous industry webinars. She was also a contributing author for the book, Virtual Collaborative Writing in the Workplace: Computer-Mediated Communication Technologies and Processes by Beth L. Hewett and Charlotte Robidoux (Eds.).
Jo’lene Jernberg has been in the technical communications field for over 25 years. She is the Senior Manager of Technical Communications at LSI Corporation where she manages a global team of technical communicators, editors, and graphic artists. Jo’lene’s expertise includes building global dispersed teams, content strategy, content architecture, and structured authoring. In her career, Jo’lene has managed a wide variety of technical communications projects, has managed both local and global teams and has led content strategy initiatives for her company. Jo’lene is passionate about dispersed team collaboration and cross-cultural communication.