Multnomah Falls and Columbia River Gorge Waterfall Tour
Saturday, October 19
Departs Hilton 9am or 2pm
While visiting Portland start your trip off with a Columbia River Gorge Waterfall Tour. Visit Historic Landmarks in the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area, walk up to the renowned Multnomah Falls, and many other waterfalls along the way.
- Bring a camera! The views of Portland, Multnomah Falls and Cascade Mountains are indescribable!
- Learn about the local area’s history, landscape and culture from your professional tour guide.
- En route to the Waterfalls, learn about the geological landscape and the region’s culture, giving you an understanding of how this incredible terrain was shaped over time.
- Enjoy views of gorgeous waterfalls in the Columbia Gorge National Scenic Area.
- Follow your professional tour guide on several short hikes to view stunning waterfalls, plants and wildlife.
Go to the tour website and enter the code hub to make your reservation.
Epicurean Walking Tour
Saturday, October 19
Meet your guide upstairs in the mezzanine library at the Heathman Hotel at 1001 SW Broadway at Salmon (right behind the Hilton)
A unique and delicious walking tour where you’ll taste the foods and sip the drinks – while discovering Portland’s amazing culinary scene. If you watch the Food Network or consider yourself a “foodie,” then this exploration is for you. Portland has become a go-to destination for people who love to eat and we’re the ones who will show you why. Each tour is limited in size so the experience is small and intimate.
Even though you’ll sample dozens of tastes & sips on any given tour, it’s more than just hitting those numbers; it’s all about understanding what makes up the food that satisfy us. While having fun, you’ll also achieve an honorary diploma of culinary knowledge as you experience first hand (or should we say “first mouth”) how fortunate we are to “eat local” and how this locavore philosophy is driving Portland’s exciting food scene. Most importantly, we’ll slow you down and guide you through this culinary tasting adventure as you experience the smells, textures, and tastes that every item brings.
BrewCycle Micro-Pub Tour
Sunday, October 20
The tour starts at the BrewStop, 1425 NW Flanders Street, in the Pearl District (less than a mile from the hotel). If you want to walk over, meet in the Hilton lobby at 5:30pm. Otherwise, you can cab or take a streetcar there.
Hop on board this beautiful bike for a ride! For all BrewPub Crawls, we will visit three different stops during a two hour time period. Each tour will head to one of our two favorite routes. Route A includes: Lucky Lab, Lompoc Tavern and Bridgeport. Route B includes: Old Town Brewing Co., PINTS and Deschutes. For the BrewPub crawl, BEER IS ON YOU! This tour only includes your very nice seat on one of our beautiful bikes and your very skilled driver!
- We have all their bikes on reserve (40 people), so please reserve your seat by Monday, October 7th.
- If the tour sells out or if you’d like to join us without the ride, follow #LavaCon on Twitter as we’ll be posting our locations along the way.
- Reserve your spot by emailing or calling Josh Evans at BrewCycle Portland at 971-400-5977.
Tuesday, October 22, 7pm
The Gypsy Restaurant and Lounge
625 NW 21st Ave (in the Pearl District)
If you want to walk (about 20 minutes, about a mile), meet in the hotel lobby at 6:30. Otherwise you can catch a cab or street car there.
Don’t miss this annual chance to let your hair down and get your Voice on.
Food and karaoke sponsored by WebWorks.
Please take the straw poll and let us know if you’ll be attending so the bar can have enough staff on hand.
See you there!