Lavacon Wall

Thanks for attending Lavacon 2011. Please share your feedback about the conference in the comments below this page.

9 Responses to “Lavacon Wall”

1. Bill Swallow
    17. Nov, 2011 at 4:58 pm #

Great conference! The sessions and people attending were truly fantastic. I love that there are so many wonderful people in our profession. It feels more like visiting friends/family than it does going off to a conference! I have to say, the Omni was outstanding. They were incredibly courteous and helpful.

2. Emmelyn Wang
    17. Nov, 2011 at 6:13 pm #

Lavacon in Austin was an excellent learning and networking opportunity from many viewpoints: as a tech comm professional, as an educator, and as someone who loves the synergistic flow of real-time face-to-face interaction that lit up the social media sphere.

The Omni Hotel was an excellent location/venue for folks experiencing Austin for the first time.

The panels were the pulse of our field validating the need for continue growth and development through a conference like this one. Jack, thank you for championing a conference like this one and congratulations on the upcoming 10 year celebration!

3. Christi Thompson
    18. Nov, 2011 at 1:03 am #

Bravo! The sessions were valuable, the attendees were inspiring, and the Omni was a lovely venue. What a fantastic gathering of great minds. It’s an exciting time for the industry, and Lavacon brings us all together to pave the way. Thank you again, Jack!

4. Kelly Shortt
    18. Nov, 2011 at 1:56 pm #

Technical Communication professionals who are planning their training schedules for 2012 should put LavaCon at the top of their list.
    This conference consistently gathers expert speakers who love to share their passion for technology and help to move the profession toward the future. Whether you are a newbie or a seasoned professional, you will walk away with valuable ideas that you can implement immediately.
    In addition, you can learn about fabulous products and services from the vendors who attend LavaCon. You may just find the solution that you need!
    I hope to see you at LavaCon on 2012!

5. Connie Sheldon
    21. Nov, 2011 at 4:05 pm #

This was one of the best conferences I have ever been able to attend. I particularly like the forward thinking topics on social media, video and mobile devices. These are areas that I would love to pursue and I got such great ideas. ow to socialize them in a large organization. In addition, I liked that the focus was on content strategy and not just on document strategy. My role is document strategy, but I plan on pushing for the broader view of content strategy. Thanks so much for having this in my “backyard” (Austin) so that I could attend.

6. Lois Patterson
    22. Nov, 2011 at 8:33 am #

For LavaCon 2011, I really loved the choice of Austin and Omni Hotel. What a great city, a great venue, and great food.

As I said in the video clip, I really appreciated the emphasis on metrics, increasing value, cutting costs, and revenue generation. Without an emphasis on such practical points, we will never get a chance to put the arcane points into practice.

7. Michael Hovan
    22. Nov, 2011 at 7:57 pm #

Wow. I’m SO glad I was “made aware” of this conference. I’ll certainly be planning on attending next year’s LavaCon; I was only able to attend one day of this conference and I still learned a ton. Kudos to the planners and presenters alike. (I’m especially pleased with the practical takeaways gained regarding multi-sourcing to create ebooks.)

8. Tom Aldous
    23. Nov, 2011 at 6:34 pm #

Jack did another great job this year. There was a perfect mix of content, attendees and outside activities.

I highly recommend you come to the 2012 event. I am looking forward to it!